D. SMITH - ATTORNEY AT LAW Practicing Law Since 1980 www.TheIllinoisAttorney.com 2021 Midwest Rd. - Suite 200, Oak Brook, IL. 60523 161 N. Clark St. - Suite 1600, Chicago, IL. 60601 1800 Nations Dr. - Suite 117, Gurnee, IL. 60031 630-415-8705 CALL ME FOR A FREE TELEPHONE CONSULTATION: MON - FRI FROM 9:00 A.M. to 10:00 P.M. & SATURDAY FROM 10:00 A.M. to 3:00 P.M. I AM HERE TO HELP YOU. Email: DS@TheIllinoisAttorney.com Fax (312) 264-5507 FOLLOW ME ON FACEBOOK AND CHECK OUT MY WEEKLY POSTS ON VARIOUS FAMILY LAW TOPICS AT: Facebook.com/TheIllinoisAttorney Family Law (Divorce / Paternity / Custody / Support / Visitation / Alimony) Serving Cook County, DuPage County, Kane County & Lake County, IL. (Case must be filed in the county where one of the parties resides - I do NOT represent parties in any counties other than Cook, DuPage, Kane and Lake because I believe that when you hire me I should be the attorney in court with you and I do not want to spread myself too thin because that would not be fair to my other clients.- I am sorry and I hope that you understand.) FREE TELEPHONE CONSULTATION AT (630) 415-8705 No Hidden Charges - My fees include court costs! SIMPLE UNCONTESTED DIVORCE $1,750 - FINAL IN 2 TO 4 WEEKS (INCLUDES ENTRY OF JUDGMENT OF ALLOCATION OF PARENTAL RESPONSIBILITIES -REQUIRED WHEN THERE ARE MINOR CHILDREN) Better Business Bureau - A+ Rating Check out my BBB rating at: bbb.org - Search D. Smith - Oak Brook, Illinois PENSIONS - RETIREMENT ACCOUNTS KNOW YOUR RIGHTS - CALL ME FOR A FREE CONSULTATION. - DIVORCE IS HARD, LET AN EXPERIENCED PROFESSIONAL MAKE IT EASIER FOR YOU. All attorney's fees include complete legal representation in court. Documents are prepared relating specifically to your case, an attorney explains the documents to you before you sign them and an attorney is with you in court. You are not alone - your attorney is with you every step of the way. Let my 37 years of experience work for you! CALL ME FOR A FREE TELEPHONE CONFERENCE AT (630) 415-8705 TO DISCUSS WHAT SERVICES CAN BE PROVIDED AND THE FEE FOR SAID LEGAL SERVICES. WHEN YOU CALL MY OFFICE YOU TALK TO ME (NOT A PARALEGAL OR SOMEONE JUST OUT OF LAW SCHOOL) AND WHEN YOU GO TO COURT I AM THERE WITH YOU - NOT ANOTHER ATTORNEY (POSSIBLY SOMEONE JUST OUT OF LAW SCHOOL WITH LITTLE OR NO EXPERIENCE). ---------------------------- An important asset to be divided between the parties in a divorce action is a spouse's pension / retirement plan accounts and deferred compensation accounts which accrued during the marriage between the parties. In many cases this asset can have a higher value than the party's equity in real estate but often a person does not even consider it. The court has the authority to enter a qualified domestic relations order (QDRO) or a qualified Illinois domestic relations order (QILDRO) requiring the other spouse's plan administrator to set up an account in the name of the non-employee ex-spouse indicating that those are his/her funds and the employee ex-spouse cannot touch those funds. There is a substantial amount of additional work involved in having a QDRO or QILDRO entered and attorney D. Smith charges a minimum additional fee of $1,000 for each such order to be entered by the court if said order is tendered to the court at the time the Judgment for Dissolution of Marriage or Judgment for Dissolution of Civil Union is entered. Please contact attorney D. Smith to discuss his fee if your prior attorney did not enter the QDRO or QILDRO at the time the judgment was entered and you need someone to prepare and present to the court a motion and a QDRO or QILDRO for entry. It is imperative that once the QDRO or QILDRO is entered that it is served upon the retirement plan administrator to guarantee that a separate account is set up in the name of the spouse not employed by the employer who participates in the plan. Failure to do so may and probably would result in the other spouse withdrawing all of the funds in the retirement account for his benefit only and forcing the other spouse to chase him down and take him back to court to seek to find him in contempt. Also, please note that your status as a surviving spouse or surviving partner terminates upon the entry of a Judgment for Dissolution of Marriage or Judgment for Dissolution of Civil Union and if your spouse / partner dies prior to the entry of a QDRO or QILDRO you may lose all of your rights to said retirement account even if the judgment provides that you are awarded and interest in said retirement account. RETAIN MY LAW FIRM AND BENEFIT FROM MY 37 YEARS OF LEGAL EXPERIENCE - EXPERIENCE COUNTS! Visa / Mastercard / Discover / AMEX Accepted Installment Payment Plans Available. This website does not provide legal advice but instead is meant to give general information and should not be relied upon without seeking competent legal advice relating to your specific situation. What generally may be true may not apply in your case depending upon the specific facts and circumstances involved. Nothing contained in this website is meant to create an attorney-client relationship and no attorney-client relationship is created until a written retainer agreement is executed by the attorney and client and a retainer fee is paid to the attorney. 630-415-8705 D. Smith - © - 2018 TheIllinoisAttorney.com - Experienced Divorce Lawyer - Contested Divorce - Uncontested Divorce - Practicing Law Since 1980